Thursday, October 13, 2011

Buy Nothing New Month... right?

So this month I pledged to buy nothing new... for more information on what this is about, go here :)
http://www.buynothingnew.com.au/

Anyways, not even 2 weeks into the month and I blew it!

I blame Kmart.

It's their fault, not mine. THEY are the one who put the clearance rack in the store so as soon as you walk in... BAM!...

You know who else I blame... Chase. For growing so darn quick!

So can I defend myself by saying I actually spent a whole day op shopping last week looking for pants for my little sprout? And that I found nothing under $8 a pair... for second hand clothes...

So what did I buy...

3 pairs of size 8 black school pants, 1 pair of black school shorts, a 3 pack of blue school tops and a pair of PJ's for each of the boys... total cost... $30. Bargain? Hell yes! $3 each, no complaints here.

So I apologise for not sticking to my pledge. I feel a little guilty. But at the end of the day, he needed them and if I waited a month I would have spent over $100 on the same things.

You know what I did do though, I recycled some shoes! Ashton had a hole in the toe of his sneakers and I searched the shed and found a pair of Jaidan's old shoes from a year or so ago. Like new and fit perfectly :) So I have done something good this month :)

Well here are a couple of photos. None of Ashton because he wiped all my photos off the HDD when he knocked it off the couch lol


Jaidan looking too cool for school at Greens Beach


Elijah enjoying a ride in his new Beetlebums carrier.


My little big sprout, Chase, at Greens Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment