Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Chase!


Today we celebrated my middle boy, Chase, turning 6! He actually turns 6 tomorrow but I wanted him to celebrate it with his daddy too so we had it a day early :)



He got lots of wonderful presents, and had some of his delicious cake which his daddy made him the night before.


Tonight we are having his favourite dinner, home made chicken nuggets and chips :) If you haven't made chicken nuggets before you have to try it. Slice the chicken breast or tenderloins into nugget size pieces, dip in egg, and coat in a mix of breadcrumbs/lemon zest/parsley flakes and put in a hot pan with a teeny bit of oil. I salt and pepper while it's in the pan as I'm not a fan of adding salt into the breadcrumb mix. The kids love these nuggets and they are much healthier and slightly cheaper. I make enough for the 5 of us for about $10, and they are almost 100% chicken, not 50% like the shop bought ones.


On a funnier note, we were standing in the isle at Coles and Jaidan piped up "I feel sick mum, I think I have gastro"... suddenly the isle was empty. Kids say the funniest things.

*And nope, no gastro. It's called eating too much junk food*

No comments:

Post a Comment