Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Trip To Get My Car

This week has been kind of a nightmare. I'd spent the last 2 months saving up to go pick up my car. It was in Sorell in Hobart, and needed a new battery, new rear brake pads, and a tank of petrol.

I had booked a hire car to be picked up last Sunday, so I could get to Sorell on Monday (45 minutes from where I am). Get the taxi to the hire car place with both babies and 2 car seats, they wont accept my mastercard because it's a debit card not a credit card. The lady hadn't told me that. So we cabbed back home, $40 wasted and no way to get to the car in Sorell.

I ring around, my aunty lends us her car, so I go down the road to Eastlands shopping centre, buy a battery that the guy says is the right one for the car (according to his book). I stood there saying "It looks too big, are you sure" but he was adamant it was the correct size. Off we go to pick up the car.

Get there, car has been broken into, door lock is hanging out, glove box broken, wires hanging out. I'm annoyed but will deal with it later.

Go to put the battery in, wrong battery and doesn't fit. There are some men across the road working on a house, so I borrow jumper
leads from them but still can't start it. Call the mechanic and he comes out (call out fee) and starts the car with his truck battery. Yay!

So I take the car to the mechanic, say to put a new battery in and I'll take the other one back. I get back to Eastlands to take the battery back, and he calls. The pads I bought were the wrong ones. I was scared that would happen. So add another $120 and I now have a set of the wrong pads which I can hopefully return when I get home. He says the car will be ready at 5 now because he needs to get the pads from town so I took the battery back without a hassle
thankfully.

Get there at 5 and the car wont start! The mechanic is stumped because he drove it out of the shop and it worked fine, now it wont start. He works on it for an hour before it goes, then gives me the wonderful news... my starter motor is on the way out. Gives me the option to leave it there or take my chances in getting it home. I drive it to mums.

The car works fine the next 10 times I start it. Tuesday I decided to take Eli out and go op shopping while Ash slept and mum babysat. Get to the second stop and it wont start again. Get the cab home.

My nan drives from Blackman's Bay to take us back out to it and see if we can start it after it's been sitting there for a couple of hours. Goes first try. No more chances, I drive it straight to the mechanic to be fixed. That was 2 days ago. It's still there, they still haven't called me back. I have a terrible feeling I will be bussing home instead of driving :(

Add to that both kids have gastro now.

Bad luck? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment